UC Through Me

UC Through the eyes of Jeanette, a senior at Union Catholic.

Friday, February 20, 2009

Moving Along...

Hey all!! Sorry that I haven't written a blog in awhile, I've been pretty busy! I can't believe that I'm in the 3rd marking period of my senior year. It's been stressful... waiting for college acceptances, trying to keep up grades while doing extracurricular activities, and having problems with relationships and friends. But, I think I'm managing pretty well! I've learned that you gotta make the best out of it - it's my last year at UC so I really just want to enjoy myself and embrace the experiences and people around me.


I've been accepted to 6 colleges so far - Rider, Montclair, Seton Hall, Wilkes, LeMoyne, and Point Park! =) I've also received scholarships to all of these schools. I visited the colleges in New Jersey already, and just recently my parents and I took a 6-hour trip to Point Park University in Pittsburgh. It seemed like a really great school, with a great broadcasting program. (I'm looking to major in broadcast journalism or some other type of communications). Another benefit to the school is that it's in a big city, so there would be plenty of opportunities for interships and jobs. The only thing that I'm not so sure about is that its so far away!!!!! It's something that I really have to think about.

I also visited Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA for the second time. This time I toured the Dance and Theatre Program there, and participated in a scholarship audition. I think it went reeeally well. I felt great to be there. Taking this second look at the school really put it at the top of my list. However, I don't hear if I got accepted or not until March!!!

Well anyway, besides college stuff, things have been going pretty well. I've celebrated 18th birthdays with my friends, gone to a St. Joe's Dance (for the first time, finally!), and made the Honor Roll for the 2nd Marking Period. I'm always happy when I get on the Honor Roll because I get to enjoy a nice reception with breakfast food and drinks in the cafeteria. Parents are invited to attend, too! This year, the school had to have two separate receptions instead of one, because so many students got on the Honor Roll.


So, what else is new? Well the seniors are looking forward to our upcoming Senior Retreat in Warwick, New York. We leave next Friday and come home on Sunday. I don't really know what to expect, but I'm sure I'll have a good time because I really love my class - I think we have alot of spirit and really are a great group of people. I'll be sure to write a blog about it when I get back!


Have a great weekend, everybody!


Y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home